Advertisement

Cortez RV

topic posted Thu, July 19, 2007 - 1:39 PM by  william
Share/Save/Bookmark
I know of a 74 cortez RV for sale very cheap. It needs a little mechanical work and some TLC. A friend of mine has had it for about five years, but do to his health and age, he is going to give it up. I have too many projects on my own plate and I hate to see this rare find go to a bone yard so if any one wants to. Save It!
posted by:
william
Delaware
Advertisement
  • Re: Cortez RV

Thu, July 19, 2007 - 3:30 PM
    I live in Delaware too. Where is the Cortez? I always wanted to get one, even in 'frame' condition and retrofit it with modern appliances and maybe a BioDiesel engine if possible.
    Thanks,
    Fritz
    (also toolkitz@yahoo.com)

Mon, July 23, 2007 - 9:52 AM
      I think you'll find it very difficult to get a biodiesel retrofit into a cortez. The space under the hood is very very tight. Once you get to working on one, you see a lot of the engineering that they had to do to get it to fit at all.
      Mine is a Ford 302, some had a 350 and a lot had a slant 6 which might give you a bit more room to play in.

Mon, July 23, 2007 - 5:35 PM
        I have a 1965 Clark Cortez in good shape.Runs great. Mine has a 1972 455 rocket out of a Toronado. Some came stock with those, though I think mine came stock with a slant six. They got this one in tight, but it works. Possibly looking to sell this rig and I live in Eugene, Oregon. I would love to biodiesel this baby out also, but it will be some work....ultimately decided maybe not worth the effort, even though she is a sweet rig. Anyone interested can post back and I'll check.

Thu, July 26, 2007 - 2:44 PM
    Is it still for sale? Where is it, and is it running?

Thanks.

Thu, July 26, 2007 - 4:06 PM
      Still For Sale!! it's in Eugene, Oregon and she is running, pretty smoothe actually. Needs tags and the power steering pump has a slow leak. But it runs good, I rebuilt the top end a couple of years ago. Email me at premji108@yahoo.com

Recent topics in "RV Burners (Don't Use Family RV)"